timsportschuetz
Thanks Received: 45
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

trophy
First Responder

Thank you Manhattan LSAT!

by timsportschuetz Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Last edited by timsportschuetz on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Thank you Manhattan LSAT!

by noah Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:43 am

timsportschuetz Wrote:Good Evening Everyone!

I just received my December 2013 LSAT score. I would like to sincerely thank all of the Manhattan instructors for their help and continuous support in the discussion forums!

I am 100% convinced that my frequent posting on the discussion forums and reading the discourse on every question was the no. 1 reason for my score improvement and achieving my dream score! I encourage anyone struggling to achieve their dream scores to utilize this website and purchase the Manhattan books!

Again, thank you all for your support and I wish you a happy 2014!

Bravo, Tim! I know that jump represents a lot of work on your part.

Good luck with the apps -- we'll miss you!

- Noah

timsportschuetz
Thanks Received: 45
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

This post thanked 2 times.

trophy
First Responder

by timsportschuetz Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks Noah! The biggest hurdle for me was to understand how to best prepare for this test. After months and months of experiencing a love-hate-relationship with this test, I must admit that the LSAT represents the gold-standard of standardized tests! I have taken the SAT, various forms of standardized tests in the United States during high school, and the GMAT. The LSAT is by far the most challenging, intricate, and eloquent test I have experienced (of course, I am not familiar with the MCAT).

As far as my score bump from the consecutive tests, it was entirely due to my drilling complete sections and diligently reviewing answers on the Manhattan forum! There are so many smart posters that present unique and completely novel point of views. I learned so much by reviewing... although each 35-minute LR/RC section would regularly take about 1.5 hours to review using this method, it engrained the underlying principles in my head. I also took notes on any questions that presented a new/unique principle and noted any of those principles if repeated on subsequent tests. A pattern definitely starts to manifest after drilling test after test (for me, it took roughly 35 PT's).

I don't know how many future LSAT test takers will read this post; however, I cannot stress enough the importance of drilling the LG sections of the more recent PT's (58 to 70). In my opinion, the LG section has changed drastically and this exact change in the LSAT hit me like a brick wall on the October 2013 LSAT. I had drilled PT's 10 through 59 and scored quite well on all LG sections; I can say, without a doubt, that the LG sections in the 60's will give the vast majority of test takers a rude awakening. However, after drilling these later PT's, you get used to the higher level of difficulty and the more hybrid nature of most of these games. Again, this is only my personal experience. I can only suggest that preparing with the most recent 20 PT's is an extremely important strategy!

Good Luck Everyone!

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by tommywallach Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:23 am

We'll be sorry to see you go, Tim! Your posts have been great. Good luck on your applications!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com