Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

BryanG.Duncan
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

LSAT self-prep schedule

by BryanG.Duncan Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I just purchased the complete set(LR,LG,RC) of Manhattan Lsat books. i was wondering if there is some type of self-study schedule that is available for someone like myself to utilize.

Recommending the Manhattan on demand course is difficult for me as i dont have the fund presently......

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thank you

LSATeater
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: LSAT self-prep schedule

by LSATeater Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Do yourself a huge favor and invest a a couple of hundred dollars on Cambridge LSAT's Logical Reasoning and Logical Games by Type (volumes 1 AND 2). I used those four volumes along with the Manhattan LSAT strategy guides and it did wonders. I didn't even bother with reading comprehension even though that has always been my weakest section. (I'm more of a play to my strengths type.) Now, even with this less than perfect and less than totally complete self-prep, I am able to consistently score in 170's+ even though I started off in the 150's.

With enough effective drilling, you will internalize the LSAT. It took me about 2 months to get to where I am at. Manhattan's 3rd edition strategy guides offer the effective part and the Cambridge bundles are the drilling. Good luck!

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Hey Bryan,

Sorry for the delayed response, as you can imagine the October LSAT is just about here which is keeping everyone very busy.

You actually already have access to the Starter Kit in your student center. Log on and in the dashboard look for a tab that says Starter Kit. From there you should see our Starter Kit Study Syllabus you can use to organize your LSAT preparation.

Good luck and we look forward to working with you on the LSAT forums!

msajjad020
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by msajjad020 Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:41 am

Do yourself a huge favor and invest a a couple of hundred dollars on Cambridge LSAT's Logical Reasoning and Logical Games by Type (volumes 1 AND 2). I used those four volumes along with the Manhattan LSAT strategy guides and it did wonders. I didn't even bother with reading comprehension even though that has always been my weakest section. (I'm more of a play to my strengths type.) Now, even with this less than perfect and less than totally complete self-prep, I am able to consistently score in 170's+ even though I started off in the 150's.
aliiiii

SamanthaH794
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by SamanthaH794 Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:43 pm

Hello, quick question regarding the starter kit, is this a template we should be using to create or own or is there an actual study guide/syllabus that breaks down what chapters to use first etc?

ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Wrote:Hey Bryan,

Sorry for the delayed response, as you can imagine the October LSAT is just about here which is keeping everyone very busy.

You actually already have access to the Starter Kit in your student center. Log on and in the dashboard look for a tab that says Starter Kit. From there you should see our Starter Kit Study Syllabus you can use to organize your LSAT preparation.

Good luck and we look forward to working with you on the LSAT forums!